People with disabilities feel comfortable and relaxed while traveling or spending time with their emotional support animal but sometimes it also becomes stressful and a bit complicated. Therefore, some practical tips should be kept in mind to make you and your emotional support animal-safe, calm and stress-free.
Airlines have certain rules and regulations which need to be followed by an individual who is planning to travel with his emotionally supportive animal pet. Therefore, it is better to schedule the trip beforehand.
The following important points should be considered.
- Few airlines require the submission of a health certificate of both the disabled individual and the ESA before you travel.
- Also, verified by a doctor that if your pet is in the state to travel particularly if the trip is longer.
- Make sure that the temperature of your plane is appropriate for your animal pet. Try to schedule your journey in the mornings and nights when the temperature is not too high.
- It is better to make reservations before time as some airlines pose restrictions on few animals.
- Confirm to have a valid ESA Letter before traveling because it will help you to avoid any complications in traveling and finding a place to stay. You can check its authenticity by looking at an ESA letter sample available online.
- Sometimes the passenger also has to provide the statement letter to affirm that their emotional support animal will not cause any disturbance during the flight.
- Similarly, while traveling in a car, the animal pet should always acquire a back seat as a precautionary measure in the case of an accident.
- A person should also have an emergency plan in case your emotional support animal gets suddenly ill or injured.
Therefore, ensure that you are fully prepared and have everything you need for a smooth ride with your beloved companion.